In today’s digital age, website design is one of the most important aspects of generating sales for businesses. Having an aesthetically pleasing and well-functioning website can be the difference between a successful sales funnel and a failing one. To ensure your business is making the most out of its online presence, here are seven tips to help improve your website design to boost sales; and remember that should you feel that you need a professional’s help, Bisstek, a web design company in Montreal is always here to help!
1. Think Mobile First: With more users accessing the internet on mobile devices than ever before, it’s vital that businesses think ‘mobile first’ when it comes to their website design. Not only does this mean having a fully responsive design that looks great on all screen sizes, but also simplifying navigation and checkout processes for a better user experience. Improving usability on mobile devices will help drive more conversions from people accessing your site from a mobile device. If you are unsure on how to do this you could hire us, a web design company in Montreal and we can do it for you!
2. Use High Quality Images: High quality visuals can be extremely effective in influencing user behavior and boosting conversions. Research has found that using high resolution images can increase conversion rates by up to 40%. It is also important to include product images as they help customers visualize products and give them an idea of what they are buying which in turn makes them more likely to make a purchase.
3. Create Easy Navigation: Ensuring customers can easily find what they are looking for is essential for making sure they continue through the sales funnel without getting frustrated or confused. Keep menus simple with clearly labeled categories, easy-to-understand search filters, intuitive drop down menus and enough white space so customers don’t get lost in visual clutter or too many options at once.
4. Include Trust Signals: Potential customers need certain reassurances before committing to purchase; this could be something like customer reviews about the product or service, certifications/awards won by the company or security seals such as those provided by Norton or McAfee amongst others which help build trust with potential customers when entering payment information on secure sites such as yours.
5. Streamline Checkout Processes: Having lengthy checkout processes can be extremely off-putting for customers who just want to make their purchase and leave quickly – leaving you with potentially lost revenue due to abandoned carts/checkouts etc.. Make sure your checkout process is simple and secure with auto-fill forms where possible (e.g filling out log in/payment details) as well as providing multiple payment options including credit cards, PayPal etc.. so customers can choose the best option for them without feeling boxed into one particular method of payment over another which could again lead to potential lost revenue due to non-conversions at the final stage of your sales funnel!
6. Use Videos & Animations: Videos & animations are effective ways of engaging potential customers, sharing more detailed information about products & services quickly whilst also adding visual interest – especially if you have longer web pages with lots of written content alone – this way you’re breaking up large blocks of text & keeping viewers engaged all whilst driving traffic further through your website & ultimately towards higher conversion rates!
7. Optimize Load Times: People want fast results, no one wants to wait around forever for webpages & content to load – Google even take page speed into account when ranking websites within their search engine results pages (SERPs). Make sure you optimize loading times across all devices & browsers (even older ones!) by compressing images where possible plus reducing any unnecessary scripts & plug ins running in the background etc.. This will ensure visitors have an enjoyable experience navigating your website which should ultimately lead towards increased engagement levels & higher chances of conversions!
By following these seven steps, businesses can drastically improve their website design which should result in increased traffic levels due to improved SEO rankings plus better user experiences leading ultimately towards increased conversion rates (+ higher ROI) from those visitors who do land on your site! If however you don’t feel that you may have the time to do all of these steps, you could always hire us, Bisstek, a website a web design company In Montreal and we can make you a great website that could potentially help you to boost your sales!